Parks and Preserves Get Help with Restoration Projects
Our mission is to help restore the forests in preserved natural areas. We will help parks and preserves by providing free or very low cost local native plants for restoration and engaging and overseeing volunteers to get the plants in the ground.
Parks and preserves can:
- Apply to receive restoration plantings which we will plan, organize and lead.
- Offer facilities for seed sowing or potting up workshops to engage local volunteers.
- Recruit volunteers to work under our guidance to grow native plants and earn native plants for the park.
- Collaborate with us to select native populations for seed collection and choose restoration sites.
- Partner with us on grant applications for restoration projects.
- Black Rock Forest
- Hudson Highlands Land Trust
- Pound Ridge Land Conservancy
- New York State Parks (OPRHP)